Phyllis Jensen
Pizza Dough; I usually buy this frozen and let it defrost.
Pepperoni; I'm thinking that I probably use at least a pound in each bread if not more and I usually buy pre-sliced
Sliced Provolone cheese
Shredded Mozzarella
Oregano
Garlic Powder
1 egg
Roll out the dough in a rectangle.
Layer slices of provolone, overlapping (i think that the last time I made it I used 9 slices but it would depend on the size of the dough; you want to leave an edge since you' roll it up jelly roll fashion.
Layer the pepperoni over the provolone, you don't have to be neat just pile it on.
Layer mozzarella
Sprinkle with garlic pwoder and oregano
Make an egg wash with 1 egg and water, that you put on top after rolling.
Roll it up and turn the ends under, then brush on the egg wash.
Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown; don't worry if it breaks open it always does this. At least it always does it to me because I put so much stuff in it.
**Once you've mastered it you can do other types of filling too. We had a family competition one time and we had sausage and pepper bread, cuban sandwich bread, rueben bread. The winner was spinach artichoke bread that my daughter Amy made.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment